As featured on NewsNow: Leeds United newsLeeds Utd News 24/7

Wednesday 24 April 2013

The New Leeds Kit and Salem Patel in Bahrain



Sam Byram in the Leeds United home kit 2013/14
Love it or Hate it?

When I was looking on twitter earlier today I came along this monstrosity which I thought was just a prank until I realised that A: It was with official players
B: It was by Leeds United's official twitter account
This almost made me start to cry. I always remember last year looking on Historical Football Kits when someone was reviewing this years kit saying "Macron have gone overboard with this design" Well to be honest, this is overboard. If any other club had came out with this design then I would be rolling over laughing and saying how bad it is to any of my friends who supported that club. Now I know that I will probably get the same banter back at me having abused a few kits of teams my friends have supported in the past in this way, which sort of makes it fair. However I do remember thinking this last year and still buying the shirt after I liked it more when I saw the kit for real. I'm only hoping to god that the same impression on me this year and if not then I will have to hope to god that the away kit is better as I rarely miss out on buying a seasons Leeds kit. Though if all the kits are really bad then I will probably miss out, it'll save me money anyway.


On another subject (because I'm fed up of moaning ) I was watching the Bahrain grand prix and before it started there was a interview with Lewis Hamilton. Whilst watching the interview I noticed a person in the background wearing a Leeds shirt, so I took a photo to put up on Facebook and Twitter and thought nothing more of it. Until later that evening when I was on Twitter and I saw a tweet from Salem Patel. There was a photo of him on Twitter with Sebastian Vettel doing a Leeds salute (if only he could have got Vettel to do it) with him wearing what looked like the exact same clothes as the man in the interview it didn't take me long to make the connection that it was the exact same person. Another reason that I bring this up apart from to make this blog longer and for other random reasons is to show how passionate the new owners of Haigh and Patel are, you would have expected it from David Haigh being a Leeds fan all his life, but Salem Patel hasn't but now already looks like one. If you think of all the Leeds owners before him. You would have never seen them in Leeds shirts truly supporting the club (even though Risdale sung Marching on Together with the fans)

There will be a preview for the Leeds United game against Brighton and Hove Albion, you can follow me on Twitter @AJWoodward29 and the blog's page is @LUFCWorld.