As featured on NewsNow: Leeds United newsLeeds Utd News 24/7

Sunday 7 July 2013

2013/14

So the new season is upon us and I'm back at my desk wondering what to write about that's vaguely interesting. If you follow me on twitter @LUFCWorld you would have seen that I was delaying this blog as it was meant to come out on the 1st July but now with me being impatient and there being so much more to write about, I came to the conclusion that this would be a good time to start. 

So lets start almost a month ago. With there being as per usual lots of players expected to sign for the club, we got out first new signing under the McDermott regime which was 24 year old Matt Smith from Oldham who famously scored for them in the FA Cup against Oldham and Liverpool. I was interested in signing after seeing his performances in the FA Cup and since when it comes to scouting new talent McDermott seems to know what he's doing. We would have to wait some time for our next signing but it was an significant signing for the whites as it was out first £1million as Luke Murphy signed from Crewe. He looks like a good player and is very promising. The signing number three came when the worst kept secret in football was released and Noel Hunt signed for Leeds. I've always liked Hunt and bag wanted him at Leeds for a long time.

So it came to yesterday and Leeds were finally back and starting pre season at Farsley. I had been waiting for the match all week and as per usual it was a landslide for the whites winning 5-0 with Poleon and White getting 2 of them, Noel Hunt getting his first and Matt Smith getting 2 in his first match. I seems to be one of many congratulating the two on scoring on their debuts, my favourite image from the match was Noel Hunt trying to get the main part of Kung Fu Footy Player

We also last month had the fixtures for the new season released with us starting against Brighton, we have three games on sky all in August with our away game at Leicester on the 11th and our home matches against Sheffield Wednesday and QPR on the 17th and the 31st all on Sky Sports.

The next confirmed blog will be up on the 2nd of August for the Leeds vs Brighton preview and any more will be confirmed on twitter @LUFCWorld you can also follow me @AJWoodward29