As featured on NewsNow: Leeds United newsLeeds Utd News 24/7

Saturday 4 May 2013

Diaries of a Leeds fan - Watford 1-2 Leeds United

I was unable to see the first half and beginning of the second half today as my mum dragged me into town whilst the match was on. But I do know about the major events that took place. The first five to ten minutes were mostly Watford, who would blame them, the Premier League is on the line. Morison got injured early on. Young Dom Poleon came on for him. Then, young keeper (and a player who I would have wanted at Leeds) Jonathan Bond, got injured, this is the same as had happened to ex Arsenal keeper Almunia. Then Dom Poleon scored with a simple tap in. Due to the injuries to Bond and Morison delaying the game, a huge 16 minutes of added time were given. In the 50th minute (or 45+5) Abdi scored with a great goal. This meant it was 1-1 going into half time.

Ross and the boys celebrate
The game went quite fast for me but I have to express my disgust in the Watford players. They kept pushing the Leeds players, tackling or obstructing at any given opportunity. This was not acceptable and was no surprise that Troy Deeney got sent off. Though going into the last few minutes though you couldn't tell that it was 10 v 11 as Watford were far the better side. Until a ball got cleared and Leeds were able to go on the counter via Ross McCormack, who chipped the keeper and gave Leeds a 2-1 win, giving Hull promotion alongside Cardiff. This means we now have to look forward to next season. I'm still wondering what I will do until July or August. I can watch the rugby and that's what I will be doing with most of my time. I will be hoping to tour with the whites in July.

That is all for tonight. The upcoming blogs include;
Sunday 5pm: Players Leaving
Sunday 6pm: Last day of the season review
Monday 5pm: Championship Awards
Tuesday 5pm: Play off preview
Wednesday 5pm: End of season review and awards
Thursday 5pm: Transfer Targets
27th May 9pm: Play Off Review

You can follow me on Twitter @AJWoodward29 and keep up to date with this blog @LUFCWorld